My mom died on this day 9 years ago of a genetic neurodegenerative brain disease called CJD. In 2012, I paid my own way to San Francisco and paid for my own lodging, food, transportation etc. so that all of Dr. Geschwind’s research dollars will go to a clinical diagnosis and the CURE. UCSF needs more research dollars. Help me pay it forward and donate in Phyllis Larson’s honor today! Thank you.
If you think a woman in a tan vinyl bra and underwear, grabbing her crotch and grinding up on a dance partner is raunchy, trashy, and offensive but you don’t think her dance partner is raunchy, trashy, or offensive as he sings a song about “blurred” lines of consent and…
1. I signed up for my 1st marathon with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team In Training.
2. It’s June 2 — the San Diego Rock N’ Roll Marathon
3. I am running to honor my friend April, who’s been an AML survivor for ages now. She was diagnosed 10 years ago.
4. It means a lot to me that she’s still here. I want to raise money for other patients and research to help others survive.
5. So I am asking you to donate a few bucks. Or a lot. It might make you feel good. It might cure cancer. But in the very least, it will help patients and their families get through the beast we call cancer. Because it’s possible to get through it.